“The Fall of The
House of Usher”
This story was a hard read but I believe it is just a story
meant to spark your imagination and play with the mind. I didn’t see much
symbolism but more just a thrill of reading it. More or less a story to scare
you and leave you wondering, was Usher’s sister dead at all? Or did he
knowingly put her in the tomb alive?
Poe even claimed, “And thus, as a closer and
still closer intimacy admitted me more unreservedly into the recesses of his
spirit, the more bitterly did I perceive the futility of all attempt at
cheering a mind from which darkness, as if an inherent positive quality, poured
forth upon all objects of the moral and physical universe in one unceasing
radiation of gloom.”
Was the doom and gloom that Usher
radiating from the guilt of burying his own twin sister alive?
No comments:
Post a Comment